Monday, December 14, 2009

Spanish 101

Monday December 14, 2009
Temperature: 24 celius
I have been practicing my Spanish  all morning, working on lesson 9. With my library card (any library in BC), I can log into a web site called Mango for Libraries that has language lessons in Chinese, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish (Latin American). I can either take the basic course or get more involved with a complete course. I wanted to get the basics this trip. Jerry already knows quite a bit of Spanish, so with both of us knowing some, then we can still practice on each other even after we get back home, and hopefully not forget what I have learned.
I noticed this morning that my Bird of Paradise has a bloom on it. I'll be watching so I can cut it when it opens. They are the neatest looking flowers. Too bad I don't have a nice vase to put it in. I will post a picture as soon as it opens up, right now it doesn't look like much. Above is our papaya tree which I think will have one ready in another week or so. We have a little hummingbird who visits us regularly, making the rounds in our yard. I am not sure of the species, but it is bigger than the Rufous we have at home.
Adios! Que tenga un buen dia!

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Oh, that papaya tree looks nice. Save some for me. Do you have a pic of The casita and the front of the house?

Peter and Roma said...

Can you look online to determine what kind of hummingbird it is? Let us know if you do.
How tall is the papaya tree? It looks really tall.
We saw papaya plantations in Oaxaca, but those trees were short.
XO
Roma

Wet Coasters said...

The papaya tree isn't really as tall as it looks, but Jerry will have to climb on the roof to pick the fruit and don't worry Mom, there will be lots left for when you get here. As for the humming bird, I am going to have to try to get a picture, one thing I know for certain is that this species is bigger than ours at home.
I will take some more pictures tomorrow of the house as requested. It is not that much to look at though.